Friday, August 13, 2010

Encouragement, Blessings and Lunch

Yesterday, the administration and faculty of our little school had in-service with a wonderful speaker. She talked about positive attitudes towards our students and each other. I loved hearing what she had to say, it was like a refreshing reminder to keep your cool and be an example for what we want these kid's to grow up to be.

After our speaker was done, our rector joined us and we went around to bless all of our classrooms and he said a special prayer for each teachers and aid in our school. I loved this, our school community is small and to have all this special time and consideration taken for each individual in our group is wonderful. To feel the presence of the Lord in our work environments is not something everyone can attest to, but I will personally feel the Lord with me as I work with these people and our students. That is such a blessing to me and I've told many that I don't feel like I get up and go to work each day. This is the best job I've ever had, and I enjoy what I do immensely.

When we had finished with our classroom blessings, we were all treated to lunch at a local restaurant called Cheeves Bros. Steak House. While I have been very good on my diet lately, the combination of good company and happy atmosphere, I allowed myself to eat some "evil" carbs. I had a really yummy prime rib sandwich with au jus dipping sauce which was to die for. I ate too much of course and paid for it later, but I was happy at the moment.

The rest of my day will be spent painting, I haven't done much this summer, and now that my creative juices are flowing again, I'm ready to jump in again.

No comments:

Post a Comment